Monday, November 26, 2007

My Thanksgiving

I am starting to do my personal postings on this blog. I still have my hobby project, armchairsportsauthority.com, which now has its own blog. Keep an eye on that page though because I will be launching a new landing page that I designed myself.

OK, now time to talk about Thanksgiving, and oh my gosh was it sooooooooo good. Julie and I made everything and we made a lot of the stuff from scratch, including the Green Bean Casserole.

So since she is a vegetarian, of course, there was a discussion on what we would have for protein. But in the end we both won because we both made our own.

Since we saw Rachel Ray do it, we basted about everything in Apple Cider. Julie's Tofurky, which I have never had and was really tasty, was marinated in Apple Cider and garnished with onions and carrots.

My Turkey was made with olive oil, onions, parsley, poultry seasoning (sage) and marinated in Apple Cider. Since it was just me I did just a turkey breast, so it cooked faster and I get all the good meat.

For sides, I made most of them the day before, hurray for unemployment, were a delicious Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, stuffing, gravy and croissants.

We then finished up, a couple of hours later with some awesome pumpkin pie. Neither of us had made pumpkin pie before so it was kind of an adventure, but the results were excellent. It might be top ten pumpkin pies ever, sorry mom.

Overall the day was really relaxing and the dog was very tired, which if you would read his blog you would know would why, adogslife-jack.blogspot.com/.



No comments: